Blogger Mike Rogers ID-ed Northwest homeboy, and conservative Republican Sen. Larry Craig, stating, "My sources are individual men who have had sexual encounters with the Senator. I am willing to spend the rest of my life in prison to protect their identity."
In his fourth term, Craig, 61, is married to a woman, with three children and nine grandchildren. He sits on the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee and is the chairman of the Veteran Affairs Committee. He also sits on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. Craig has a zero rating from the Human Rights Campaign.
Here's the rest of Craig's anti-homo record:
* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
The "big tent" the GOP loves brag about has turned out to be the "big closet." With all these gay R's now out in open, do you suppose we can have a real national discussion about gay rights, and gay marriage? probably not...
Listen to Ed Shultz Show today, (KPTK m-f,12-3p) to hear Michael Rogers of Blogactive.com out a Republican senator who has sexual encounters with men yet regularly votes against gays.
Read all about it here.